Welcome to the beginning of Moon Talk Designs, LLC!

I was asked to share the trials and tribulations of starting a business from the beginning! On a shoe string budget! And on a wing and a prayer! These are my thoughts, right or wrong, as we grow. We hope you will continue to watch us and our growth. And we hope IF you are starting your own business, you will avoid some of the mistakes we make! If you avoid even one simple wrong turn, this was worth my time and effort putting this together!
Enjoy the ride....
.......to the moon!!

8/4/11

Models …. And the catalog shoot!


I LOVE FACEBOOK! What can I say!??  It has been such a boost for Moon Talk! I have used it for every step of  growth for MT!  When it came time to start thinking about putting a catalog together, I just put it ‘out there’ that I was going to have a ‘shoot’ at out local library on a certain Saturday and needed ALL AGES of models… Everyone showed up; Mom’s and Aunts with infants from 2 months old up, toddlers, school age kids, teens & adults!  I piled clothes on a table, they chose what they wanted to wear. We walked around the library and shot away! Some models lasted longer than others, some took longer than others… I DID make sure we got a model release from EVERY one that was there!  SO if you think of doing something like this yourself, make sure you cover your behind… put together a simple model release, have them sign it!  Then KEEP IT!

 

Someone said my catalog looked like a family album. Although I DO take that as a compliment... Not one model is related to us, none of our children or grandchildren are in the catalog…. This time!  Not to say they won’t be in the future! ;-)   My granddaughter keeps bugging me about when she will be able to model for me !  She wants her own designs printed just for her and she wants to be in my catalog and on my website!  Soon young lady! A new catalog will be needed…. And new models too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment