Welcome to the beginning of Moon Talk Designs, LLC!

I was asked to share the trials and tribulations of starting a business from the beginning! On a shoe string budget! And on a wing and a prayer! These are my thoughts, right or wrong, as we grow. We hope you will continue to watch us and our growth. And we hope IF you are starting your own business, you will avoid some of the mistakes we make! If you avoid even one simple wrong turn, this was worth my time and effort putting this together!
Enjoy the ride....
.......to the moon!!

7/27/11

Lot's of samples and dirty dishes!

Like I mentioned before,  we purchased a lot of different brands and styles of Tee shirts to test for quality, wear-ability and durability.  I bought clothes retail, on clearance and did research on wholesale companies. I compared prices on suppliers, shipping costs and yes... customer service! Who was willing to work with me? A SMALL start up company that needed a LOT of help and hand holding?  I found the one I was looking for and the lady that works with me is great! It so happens their prices are the best, they are about the closest so their delivery is overnight!  AND if I have an order over $150 it is FREE!  She even went tot he trouble to go back to the warehouse herself to see if they had an item that was 'out of stock' when I only needed ONE !  IT pays to have someone you can work with and is willing to work WITH you!  She will suggest items for me and gives me an extra discount on anything I try that is new or that she suggests....
  I DO have a lot of duds in my studio that I purchased before I narrowed it down to the brands and styles I like. A lot of TAX write-offs... and donations to charity. But in the long run, it's been worth it. I AM very pleased with our line. And will stick with it. It's high quality. And will take the right market, but I don't want to give up that quality. A marketing agent suggested I find a brand made in China and purchase it much cheaper and start at a much lower price point. I just can't give in and do that. The product we found is Made in the USA, Most are 100% Cotton....  Most of  the Childrens/Baby wear is ORGANIC... I have standards.  And I'm proud of them  I stand by my product.

Oh... the dirty dishes... I thank my husband for his patience!  I can't tell you how many times he had to do the dishes to even find the sink because I had been at the computer all day!  I've gotten better at getting the dishes done.... but the house still goes unkept many days!  I'll be glad when we get enough income coming in that I can hire someone to do the daily chores for me and I can concentrate on MTD!  OR maybe the other way around!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment