Welcome to the beginning of Moon Talk Designs, LLC!

I was asked to share the trials and tribulations of starting a business from the beginning! On a shoe string budget! And on a wing and a prayer! These are my thoughts, right or wrong, as we grow. We hope you will continue to watch us and our growth. And we hope IF you are starting your own business, you will avoid some of the mistakes we make! If you avoid even one simple wrong turn, this was worth my time and effort putting this together!
Enjoy the ride....
.......to the moon!!

2/1/12

And this little piggy went to market... That is just the way I feel !

Marketing 101!!

I have spent the entire month of January preparing for 2012! Not only organizing files and the DREADED tax papers, organizing supplies and computer files ... (I haven't even touched the household taxes yet!) And wrote my business plan FINALLY!   I've also put a lot of time into research as to WHERE I should be marketing.  Everyone says, you should try here... or there... or God forbid...here AND there...It's very easy to spread myself too thin!

SO... I decided to devise a plan to try to keep my sanity while pitching my product to as many places  I truly felt would be worthwhile places as I could. I listened carefully to 'where' people were saying and noticed there was a common thread to most of the cities....
...They were mostly upbeat college towns!  I Googled the top College towns in the US, narrowed the list down to the areas I'd like to visit (LOL!!)  and ( new here is the part I felt was clever!) contacted the Chamber of Commerce in the area and asked them for referrals! I shared my website with them and my desire to be in unique boutiques! IT WORKED! I got a nice list of shops to check into and a lot of very useful feedback from several of the chamber directors!  My first introductory letters went out yesterday along with a sample of my products! I should know pretty soon if my detective work pays off! Say a little prayer for me!

I finally had the time to stop at a local Christian bookstore that had been referred to me as well. The owner happened to be there the day I stopped in to make an appointment and was willing to talk to me right then. She loved Moon Talk and was all about getting the product in as soon as possible! I took her first order in yesterday, it is already on display and available for sale! I suggested a couple of things she might like to display for Valentines Day.  I"ll be taking them on on Friday!
I also, finally, had the time to get my wall art ready for the Artists on the Square art gallery. I've got to take more in, but at least it's a start!  I"m on the wall!! 

I'm hoping I'll have time to start working on my official website!

The weather has been calling me to go outdoors but there is so much work to do here, I've only been able to enjoy it's view from the window!  (OK.. I DID take Monday off and go downtown to experience all the buzz with the SUPER BOWL in Indy! )  60* in late January??  And I had all this work planned for the nasty weather of winter! 

Back to work!!  BUT I AM certain that this is going to pay off...

OH!! By the way! I did receive an email that I had been hoping for ! St Vincent Hospital Gift shop is interested in carrying Moon Talk!! That was my #1 goal ! To get into the local hospital gift shops!  She wants me to bring in my product the first of March!  That is PROOF that all the hard work IS going to be worth it!   Now for the other 4-5 hospitals !! 

In the meantime while all the afore mentioned  has been going on, our local business magazine contacted me about doing an article on Moon Talk! The interview, the photographer... ect ! HOW EXCITING!! The issue of the magazine came out last week and it is a really nice 2 page representation on Moon Talk!  It has really gotten some great attention and we've gotten some very kind words from the readers!  GREAT timing considering all the marketing efforts I've put in this month!  People that had not heard of us.. HAVE NOW!

Well... back to work!  Thanks for keeping up with what we're doing and what is going on! Keep reading... One of these days you'll be able to say... I KNEW Moon Talk when it was just getting off the ground! :-)  TTFN!!





No comments:

Post a Comment